Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Yay Independence!

So I’ve been meaning to write about my busy, busy weekend, but yesterday the power was out in my apartment. I couldn’t do my laundry, and I couldn’t make dinner. Worst of all, I couldn’t turn on my fan in the 90-degree hotbox that is my room.

Since I’m dripping with sweat just sitting here and typing, I will make this entry brief. I’m not really dripping with sweat, don’t worry. Maybe a little bit…

On Friday, I bounced from work early and flew home, only to sit on the highway by my house for 45 minutes. I was rushing home to meet up with my friends in time to go to Philadelphia and see She & Him! When Zooey Deschanel walked on stage, I wasn’t sure if I was watching a video or dreaming or something. It just didn’t seem real. I had never seen a famous Hollywood star before! I’ll add that she sounded even better live than on the records. I was surprised to hear how well she could project her voice.


I was kind of sad that she didn't ask me to join her band like I had imagined in the weeks leading up to the concert, but I had fun nonetheless.

On the train ride home, there was some crazy lady who was drunk or drinkin’ drugs. She scared me. Just thought I should mention that.


Then on Saturday, I went golfing with my friend Matt for the first time since last summer. I ended up shooting a 47 on the front and 44 on the back, which I guess was okay for not having played in a while.

After the round was over, I found out that a few of my friends were going to St. Joe’s University to visit their apartments. So I rushed home then met up with them to head over to Philly. Needless to say, they had some sweet cribs, and I was very envious.

Then! We got back home at around 10 and hung out at my friend Alyssa’s house for two hours. By now I was very exhausted.

The next morning, I woke up early because a few of my friends were going to Baltimore for the Fourth of July. When we got there, we ended up walking around Inner Harbor for over five hours in the scorching hot weather. I don’t know what prompted us to do this, but I’m just glad we didn’t make the hike to Fort McHenry.


The fireworks were cool and stuff. Some new ones that I haven’t seen before.

We slept early and woke up at 7 to beat traffic and drove home.

Then I drove back to New York after taking a long nap.

My sentences are getting shorter and shorter.

Too. Hot.

All in all, I thought the weekend was great, but I may have been a little ambitious. By the end, I was too tired to really enjoy myself, so I don’t think I had as good a weekend as I could have had if I weren’t completely dead.

Anyway, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment